One of my favourite things about Walt Disney World is that they are ALWAYS changing and updating the resorts and the parks.
They add new lands, new rides, new restaurants, and new hotels to keep everything fresh and exciting. These changes make you want to come back year-after-year to experience all the new magic, as no two visits are ever the same.
Recently Walt Disney Parks and Resorts had their D23 Expo 2017 in California where they announced their exciting line-up of brand new attractions and experiences coming to their parks and resorts around the world.
Here are some of the exciting updates:
Walt Disney World (Florida)
At Walt Disney World, in addition to the wildly popular Pandora – The World of Avatar, which opened in May 2017, and New Fantasyland, which debuted in 2014, guests can look forward to new attractions, a Star Wars-themed resort hotel, and creative new transportation opportunities.
- Epcot continues its legacy of bringing the real world to life through the magic of Disney. Exciting plans here include a new Ratatouille-themed attraction at the France pavilion and a brand new E-ticket attraction based on the rockin’ and action-packed world of Guardians of the Galaxy. Fans of Mission: SPACE will soon experience a new Green Mission, which will take guests on a stunning tour around the world and an updated Orange Mission, making the trip to Mars even more spectacular. And a new restaurant, next to Mission: SPACE, will transport guests into outer space for an unforgettable dining adventure!
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Fans heard for the first time that the all-new Toy Story Land will open next summer. And guests will be invited to join Mickey and Minnie in the original, state-of-the-art Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway where new technologies will transform the flat cartoon world of the Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts into a wacky, unpredictable dimensional experience.
- Magic Kingdom. An all-new Tron-themed attraction will blast off near Space Mountain and a new, live entertainment theater will find a home on Main Street, U.S.A. The theater will be based on the iconic Willis Theater in 1920s Kansas City where Walt Disney once lived.
- New Resort Hotel. To the delight of fans, Chapek confirmed plans to create the most experiential concept ever in an immersive Star Wars-themed hotel at Walt Disney World Resort. Dedicated entirely to the galaxy of Star Wars, it will be a one-of-a-kind experience where a luxury resort meets a multi-day adventure in a galaxy far, far away.
- New Transportation Options. Completing the immersion so guests never to have to leave the magic while on a Disney vacation, plans were unveiled to make getting around Walt Disney World even more fun!
- Minnie Van service will provide point-to-point transportation in a way that only Disney can.
- Disney Skyliner will give guests a birds-eye view of the resort. This new system will connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts, and the proposed new Disney’s Riviera Resort, with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot.
Disneyland Resort (California)
At Disneyland Resort, guests are screaming with delight over the new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! which opened in May. And the fun at the Happiest Place on Earth continues!
- Pixar Fest, a limited-time-only, all-things-Pixar celebration will launch at the Disneyland Resort in 2018. The celebration will include a new fireworks spectacular as well as special characters and entertainment experiences. Also, as part of the celebration, Pixar Play Parade will return to the resort, this time in Disneyland Park, and fan-favourite Paint the Night will move to Disney California Adventure, which has one of Disney’s longest parade routes.
- Pixar Pier will open in Disney California Adventure next summer. This area, currently known as Paradise Pier, will take on a brand new look as more favourite Pixar characters and stories come to life, from The Incredibles, Inside Out, and even more Toy Story.
Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line fans were surprised when it was announced a new ship will join the fleet. It will join the other two new ships announced last year – bringing the total to seven. All three new ships will be powered by one of the cleanest-burning fuels available. When the new ships arrive, Disney Cruise Line will have almost doubled its fleet size.
If you are interested in visiting the most Magical Place on Earth, let’s talk about it. There are so many great benefits to booking your Disney Holiday with An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner Travel Agency. Click HERE to find out more.
For assistance with your future vacation plans, schedule an appointment to chat with us HERE.